Friday, June 10, 2011

Naked Spirituality, Brian McLaren, Here: Starting Right Now

Naked Spirituality, Brian McLaren, Here: Starting Right Now

At last the book gets into the meat of Mclaren's spiritual practices. As he writes in the book it can be summed up with one word 'Here'. Basically acknowledging that God is with us what ever the situation. Just stopping our mind and acknowledging God is with us.


Its a chapter which I can agree with, its one of my main Spiritual practices. Looking for the 'Here' For some, this is rather pantheistic, yet for me it is the most realistic experience which I can comprehend. Although remembering to look for the here, I'm  guilty of doing frequently.

The Chapter reminded me a lot of Rob Bell's 'Breath'






Previous summaries
Naked Spirituality, Brian McLaren, Twelve Simple Words
Naked Spirituality, Brian McLaren, But I'm Spiritual
Spiritual Experiences and Spiritual Experience.

No comments: