Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Naked Spirituality, Brian McLaren, Spiritual Experiences and Spiritual Experience

As you may have guessed I'm reading Mclaren's latest  book 'Naked Spirituality' So I thought I'd just write up some very rough notes as I go....

Naked Spirituality, Brian McLaren, Spiritual Experiences and Spiritual Experience.

The first Chapter is quite personal, Mclaren talks of some of his most precious Spiritual experiences. The crux of the introduction was an introduction to 'real' experience vs manufactured 'religious' equivalent. He calls these real 'naked' spiritual moments. The book is about 'strengthening a vital, vigorous, naked spirituality'.

Good chapter, I'm keen to read further. Liked the personal experiences to illustrate his points. Much I can relate to so far.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: