Sunday, September 8, 2013

Church or the Community garden?

We had a choice today to go to the "family service", or the working bee at the community garden. We chose the community garden. We now have our own plot which next week we will plant out.

A couple of years ago I would have felt guilty about not going to Church. Now, It seems to me to be more Spiritual to have community outside of the Church with people who are all on different spiritual journeys. It certainly is more interesting. Community gardening is an interesting place. All people have a common interest in and love for gardens. Yet I could ascertain there were other reasons as well. Meeting people. The idea of community. Giving back to others. To live a more sustainable life. I could identify with all of these things. They are good things which I think the gospel has a lot to say about.

It was certainly better than Church as I traditionally know it.

No comments: