Thursday, September 12, 2013

Apple iPhone 5c a win for google.

 

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with what Apple revealed on Tuesday, not so much the new phones rather the price point. Like a lot of other commentators out there I was expecting an 5c iPhone to come roughly $200 dollars less than the current 5 iPhone. Not the $60 as it turned out. In our house it has already sparked the discussion maybe we should move to android...

But where I think things will unravel with Apple in the long term, is competitiveness for the battle for the Ecco-system. If I look at what I spend with Apple the majority would be on music, movies and rentals. Not the actual hardware. But I can see apple loosing this battle if people aren't using their technology.

So yes, the winner of the iPhone 5c launch is google.

 

No comments: