Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Ranch

When I was in my early 20's I went on missional training camp in America for three months, it was called the 'Ranch'. It was in many way life changing with many life long friends coming from it. What suprised me reflecting upon the experince is the amount of people who went into ministry and there life has been rather horrid since.

The main leader, CEO if you like suicided.
Another leader came back to Australia planted a church, seperated from his wife, dropped out of ministry, probably divorced now.

What is reinforced in my mind is that, bad stuff happens in equal proprotion to Christians as Non-Christians.

If you look at divorce for example, the rates are pretty much the same for Christians and non-Christians.

Life it seems to me is non-discriminating no mater what you believe. 

No comments: