While reading "Jesus the teacher within" by Laurence Freeman, I came across the word "Kundalini" which is common in eastern religion. I had never heard of this before. So a quick wiki search and I came up with the definition as well as what Kundalini looks like when manifest. Its basic definition is a corporeal energy which is based in the spine. While the physical effects are as follows::
- Involuntary jerks, tremors, shaking, itching, tingling, and crawling sensations, especially in the arms and legs
- Energy rushes or feelings of electricity circulating the body
- Intense heat (sweating) or cold, especially as energy is experienced passing through the chakras
- Spontaneous pranayama, asanas, mudras and bandhas
- Visions or sounds at times associated with a particular chakra
- Diminished sexual desire or a state of constant orgasm
- Emotional purgings in which particular emotions become dominant for short periods of time.
- Pressure inside the skull and headache
- Bliss, feelings of infinite love and universal connectedness, transcendent awareness
CS Lewis (I think) in 'Mere Christianity' made the point that Christianity does share much with other religions and it is specifically grace where Christianity is distinct.