Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Un-Christian...


I was discussing with Christina the other night the poor choice of words of Abbot the leader of the Australian political opposition, calling boat refugees 'Unchristian'. We were wondering if there were other words which he may have used; such as "unethical", "morally" for example; which would have represented his view. 

What I thought that Abbott was trying to get accross was people going through the proper process of seeking asylem in Australia while those coming over in boats are 'jumping' the queue.

What I realised is this slip of Abbot's is probably a 'Freudian slip' revealing his undersanding of 'Christian.' One of morals and ethics; as opposed to grace and mercy; which I belive the 'Christian life' weighs towards. For me that is the scarey thing for an opposition leader....

 

No comments: