I've been writing my blog now on my iPad for a couple of months. Prior to that I just used a Macbook with Safari. The iPad has become increasingly my "PC" of choice, due to its form size and portability.
Safari:: Unfortunately with Safari on the iPad the option of uploading pictures is shaded. I have yet to find a a way around this option so that I can put photos straight from the iPad onto the blog. Otherwise just for text its alright. The other major downfall is that you need to have an active internet connection.
Blogsy App:: This is my tool of choice. Some of the positives are
- What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) is pretty accurate
- Some niffty ways to hyperlink text
- You can write your stuff without an active internet connection
- Development appears pretty active, there is always seems a new version every couple of months
Blogsy does though have its downfalls..
- You have to upload your photos to Picarso or other photo sharing program.
- You cannot directly add your photos from your camera libary to the blog site.
- You have to allow location sharing to add a image to your blog (I find this rather intrusive)
- The development of lots of new versions means it can be a bit buggy at times.
I used a long while on my iPhone, but I found it a bit of pain to blog on a phone. But I've been using this app again since the iPad.
BlogPress main pluses for me are image management.
- You can add images direct from your iPad camera.
- They don't ask for an image location.
But it does have its problems
- hyperlinks, they are messy and complicated.
- Not as pretty. WYSIWYG isn't quite there, if at all.
- Doesn't seem to be actively developed.
So While both apps have there ups and downs I pretty much use Blogsy unless I have images. Then I use BlogPress. If there is a bit of writing, I use BlogPress to upload the photos, save as draft then move over to Blogsy.
I'm still waiting for my ideal blogging app....