I think this book is a must for anyone who values Australian history. It puts a perspective on how small a part the white settlement is part of Australian history. A few points that had me thinking::
- The Aboriginals had a better standard of living especially in regards to nutrition than most of Europe at the time of the invasion. Food was never an issue for these nomadic people
- Looking at aboriginal history it is ancient. It would be very hard to reconcile a Christian 'young earth' theory with these people.
- Aboriginals where around when prehistoric beasts were roaming in Australia.
- The aboriginals had an amazing and elaborate way of using dams and weirs in there catching of fish.
- It is a sad the loss of knowledge, especially that of bush foods and other ways of Aboriginal survival since Australian white settlement.