- You are expected to belive in things that you don't, from a congregation to denomination level.
- Not only do you not belive some things, ministers actually preach what they don't believe.
- Friendship, inside of most ministers there is a "strategically" make friends with this person menality. The best reward, for the human investment.
- You lead most people to believe you are there best friend, especially good tithers.
- Your life can be a sham. Up the crap. Yet the Sunday response is I'm doing ok....
- Most ministers don't realise how much they like giving the monologue, they are the Sunday pinnacle. Take it away and often self worth is gone as well.
- The whole families involved. Children are often the ones who see the difference between a Sunday and the rest of the week.
- Minsitry is run like a bussiness. (A can of worms here!)
- Business have more checks and balances than ministers and money.
- Its easier to stay a minister, than to look for another job.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Here it is. I don't think you can have personal integrity and be paid in ministry. Here is my top 10 list, let me know if you think of some more...