Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feildings response



Upon last weeks post on Q&A on the ABC I couldn't help feel sorry for Steven Fielding. I was perplexed that his reply to Dawkins question 'was he a creationist?' The reply was a small 'yes' and a loud (and I paraphrase) 'lots of people are allowed to believe different things.' It was if he was rather embarassed by his answer. To be honest I would have been more interested in why he was a creationist. Even if I didn't agree, I think it would have been a better response.


Now where I have empathy with Feilding is that as a Christian there are responses that we will give that don't make much sense to people. It doesn't matter if you are a progressive liberal or a fundamentalist. Sooner or latter we will be embarrassed by our responses. Maybe it is not embarrassment rather an uncertainty? That in uncertainty we need to be honest with our selves and therefore to God.