Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What we talk about when we talk about God, Rob Bell

What we talk about when we talk about God, Rob Bell

I like Rob Bell, the more I read or hear him the more I like him. On a personal level, it seems like he has gone through some of the same stuff as myself. Doubt, moving on from a church you've planted, re-evaluating everything etc. But I could imagine the size of things for him would have been scaled a lot more, than myself. I also like how he thinks and articulates his words. He does it so much better than myself.

I suppose what I thought the gist of the book was, Rob trying to articulate God to a post modern world. Part of his answer is in how he talks about Ruach, without naming it, I suspect his view is panentheism. (As opposed to pantheism) I did wonder if he had read the Gaia Hypothisis, and what he thought of it considering how he spoke of the interconnectedness of everything.

If I was to give a book to a non-Christian this would be the first book.

4/5

No comments: