Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We live in Crazy times...

Last week there were three big stories making the rounds

Gina Rinehart importing workers to work in the mines and the goverment endorsing it.

Job loses about 2000 people, as the Hasties group and engineering services company went into recievership.

Tafe closures

What is crazy is that there are jobs about! Why does the government endorse the importing of foreign workers?

When I first started my nursing career I knew that I would never get a job first thing in Bendigo. I got work straight away but I had to move to do so. I think if you're desperate enough for work you will move. Also if the skills arn't there then maybe businesses need to start investing in tafe and other educational institutions, instead of importing foreign workers with these skills.

No comments: