Friday, August 6, 2010

Ann Rice and what most Christians want to do.

I've never read any books by Ann Rice but recently on her facebook page she put up the following:



For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.


My faith in Christ is central to my life. My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me. But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been, or might become.


Its something that a lot of Christians would like to do. Walk away from the dogma and just follow Christ.
I don't think you can do it. You need to be sharpened and cared for, share stories. The only place I know is the Church, and within some home group/cell/house church.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: