Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Evangelisim

Interestingly we got a bit of Christian spam in our letterbox the other day, it looked like the whole neighbourhood got one.
I cringed as I read it. Repent Repent blah blah blah, Sodom homosexuals hell etc etc. As a Christian I couldn't help but feel ill and embarrassed. The sad thing there was not an address, phone number any contact from who dropped it off. Perplexing really, to embarrassed maybe?! There are four churches on the island a Pentecostal, Baptist, Uniting and Anglican. I don't think this would have been sanctioned by any of them.

I think there is a place for the mail drop off, but it has to be sensitive. An invitation that is welcoming, warm.
The sort of stuff I read just irritates people. If the aim is to draw people to Jesus, it does the opposite pushes them away.